What should I spend my money on?
Every teacher at my school gets $150 to spend on their classroom for the year. As a first year teacher I get an additional $100 to spend. I can use the money on whatever I want (organization items, classroom supplies, games, posters, etc.). Since I am a first year teacher, I’m not sure how to best use the money and I am turning to my amazing blogging community for help.
- I have all of the manipulatives needed for our math curriculum.
- I have language games for every major skill and grammar.
- I have an amazing wheel-y easel with storage buckets underneath.
- I have a healthy classroom library (due to library book sales, thrift stores, and the 5 boxes the former teacher left in the room).
- I have a ton of large construction paper in multiple colors.
- I have boxes of expo markers, paper clips, post-its, and other teacher supplies.
- I have a file cabinet drawer full of glue sticks, markers, crayons, and other student supplies.
- I have a class set of spiral notebooks AND composition notebooks (as with most of the other things on my list, this is also compliments of the former teacher, but I digress and will post more on that later tonight).
- I have 7 tablets of medium-sized lined chart paper, 4 tablets of jumbo lined chart paper, and a jumbo tablet of graph paper.
- I have 20+ colorful bins from Really Good Stuff to hold my classroom library.
- I have 30+ colorful book bins from Really Good Stuff to hold individual student book picks.
- I have some sets of guided reading books and there is another room in the school that houses sets of guided reading books to be checked out.
- I have reading rods and other language manipulatives.
- I have pocket charts in different sizes.