I am so happy to be tagged by two wonderful bloggers, Gina at Chocoholic Teacher and Amber at Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher. I am so excited to join in on all the bloggy fun!
Here are the rules for me to follow:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
A Dozen Facts About Me
1. I will be married for 1 year THIS MONTH!!! (well, February 19th) Time flies when you’re having fun 🙂
2. I am a first year teacher.
3. I teach 3rd grade. I am in the same classroom that I did my graduate internship in.
4. My husband and I are cruisin’ fools and can’t wait to go on our next Carnival cruise.
5. I could watch Golden Girls all day. Every. Day.
6. Romantic Comedies are my FAVORITE type of movie. You know, the kind that is sappy, corny, and you know exactly how it will end. Those are great!
7. When I was a kid I visited the set of Kenan and Kel and got to watch them filming Goodburger. Oh, the good ol’ days of Nickelodeon. (Shout out to Stick Stickly!)
8. My puppy is the cutest puppy ever 🙂
9. Chipotle is perhaps the best burrito I’ve ever had, no matter what how “unauthentic” people say it is.
11. I’ve driven across the country (Virginia to California) it was soooo much fun!
12. I have 5 older sisters: Tessa, Marina, Shelia, Zaida, and Kimmy
Cleaning the bathroom10. What subject do you least like to teach?Writing because I want to do so much with it but there is almost no time in our schedule for it
Chocoholic Teacher’s Questions
1. Are you teaching your dream grade? If not, what is your dream grade?
I absolutely am! They are the perfect age. Young enough for me to be corny and silly but old enough to work independently.
2. What is your favorite candy?
Starburst, Pink Starburst
3. What’s the last book you’ve read?
Cesar Milan’s Training Your Puppy Book
4. Are you an early riser or night owl?
Night Owl! One night in college I was stressing to study the night before a test and then I had a revelation that I could just skip sleep. Now I can understand that it was not the smartest idea but then I thought it was the greatest idea I had ever had.
5. Tea or coffee?
White Chocolate Mocha
6. What was your favorite vacation?
My honeymoon cruise to the Bahamas
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When students are sitting on the carpet sideways, facing their friends while I am teaching. To be fair I tell my kids that this is my pet peeve at the beginning of the year.
8. Do you have any pets?
Funny you should ask, I actually have the best pet! My 6-month Boxer puppy Teddy.
9. What chore do you procrastinate doing the most?
11. What is one of your favorite quotes.
Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher’s Questions
Matthew 5:13 “You’re here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness?” MSG Bible
1. Polka dots or stripes?
2. What is your favorite thing about teaching?
Building relationships with students and watching them learn and grow
3. Guilty Pleasure?
Keeping Up With the Kardashains, Kim & Kourtney Take New York, Khloe & Lamar
4. Drama or Comedy?
5. If you could teach your students one thing, what would it be?
Advocate For Youself! if you don’t understand, speak up; if you are being treated poorly, speak up; if you know a way you learn best, speak up
6. If you won a million dollars and had to give it to one person, who would it be?
my husband, then my mom
7. Cats or Dogs?
Why dogs of course!
8. Favorite fruit?
9.What technology do you have in your classroom?
4 computers, 1 (teacher) laptop, Promethean board, activ-vote clickers
10. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
11. Where were you born?
12. Where did you college?
Old Dominion University
Finally, Here are my questions to answer
1. How many years have you been teaching?
2. If a student was going to get you a gift card to somewhere, where would you want it to be from?
3. What is the best $1 item that you have bought for your classroom?
4. What is your ideal class size?
5. What is one thing you would like your co-workers to say about you?
6. What is one thing you would like your students to say about you?
7. What is the best lesson you have ever taught?
8. What is the worst lesson you have ever taught?
9. What grade do you teach?
10. What is your favorite way to spend your summer?
11. If you weren’t a teacher, what would you be?
12. If you could be a teenager in any time period, when would it be?
I Tag (in no particular order)…..
Have Fun!!! 🙂